Jessica Luu, 10877, 9304

Sunday 30 December 2012

Analysis of a professional photo used in a magazine

The image that is shown is inspiration of what I will plan to photograph for my photo-shoot. Although my image will be based on music, I will use props which are related to music. You can see in this photo, that there are a lot of work behind the scenes of the photo-shoot. With the big hair and dark makeup, we can see that there were lots of work towards perfecting this image. I plan to create photos on the same level as this photo. I like the lighting used in this photo because it focuses on the model and you can clearly see that there is a spot light shining on the hair on the right hand side. By doing this, it creates depth to the face and almost makes her pop out of the image. I will try to re-create this in my photo-shoot. The composition of the model is her body facing the back but her face looking towards the camera. This suggests that she is timid and shy, capturing the audience to wonder and want to know more about her. This is the effect that I wish to achieve in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment