Jessica Luu, 10877, 9304

Monday 25 March 2013

In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Overall, my magazine has challenged, use and developed conventions of a real media product. 
USE:
My magazine has used many conventions that pop magazines have which is shown through colour scheme, use of typography, type of shot etc. 
CHALLENGE:
Some conventions of my magazine challenge the normal conventions of pop magazines. This is because I wanted my  magazine to stand out and to be unique among all other magazines on the market. The reason I had done this is because the number of magazine consumers is dropping rapidly. If I challenged the conventions of a magazine, it will bring up the sales because customers will be more interested to buy the product. 

DEVELOP: 
I believe that I have developed my pop magazine by presenting my product for a more sophisticated target audience. Although I have the genre of 'pop', it is usually portrayed as a young and playful luxury, it takes my target audience (11 to 15) more seriously to expose them to real life issues. I think this has proved that I have developed the conventions of a pop magazine aimed at 11 to 15 year old girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment