Jessica Luu, 10877, 9304

Thursday 14 March 2013

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Continued...
As you can see, this image shows how I have progressed from making a plain simple pull quote bubble to a more attractive one that stands out towards the audience. My photo shop skills have improved and it has enabled me to create better features on my full product.


A problem that I found when I finished my preliminary task was that I had text which became drowned out by the background. The way I fixed this issue for my final product was by adding a boarder on the font to make it stand out. This was a problem that was addressed to me in my preliminary task so therefore I made sure that my writing would stand out for my full product. 

Other than the technical changes that I made, the preliminary task has taught me that I should take my images with a variation of shots. The first photoshoot that I comprehended with consisted of images that was 'long shot', this made it hard for me to create my front cover and therefore had to crop most of the images that I took. For my next photoshoot, I took a range of shots further and closer showing 'medium close up shots' and also 'long shots'. This really helped my to progress my final piece because it meant I could choose from a range of shots to make sure I had the best image possible. 

I have learnt many new things from my preliminary task, one of the main things that I have learnt from my preliminary task was the use of photoshop and how I would and could improve the professional look of my magazine. Without the preliminary task, my final piece would not have been as good as I would have wanted it to be. Learning from my mistakes that I had made from the first attempt, I was able to change and improve my final piece for it to be the best that it could have been.


No comments:

Post a Comment